When I was a kid one of my favorite things was watching my mom make meat sauce. I couldn’t see in the pot but I did get to taste test with pieces of white bread. I think I would eat about a half of a loaf of white Wonder bread by the time my mom was done cooking down the sauce. I would wash it all down with some good ol’ vitamin D “red” milk and a big orangey smile. Now that I am a grown up and a vegan… well… this isn’t on my list of things I can do. But I can try to recreate that taste. The only change to my moms sauce is really the meat. The rest was already vegan. So with that, I began my attempt with the use of the new Beyond Meat Crumbles. The only reason I attempted this recipe is because of these crumbles. They have the right flavor and texture and cook the same as regular hamburger would. This was always a problem with other crumbles; they either dried out or got mushy. Not Beyond Meat! So I was so confident making it I made it for dinner without even testing. Just to let you know… they didn’t let me down it, came out perfecto! I love Beyond Meat so so much. You should too. Also, this recipe is super duper simple and low ingredient. It is virtually error proof! Eat up!
Spaghetti with “Beyond Meat” Sauce
- 1 Extra large can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Extra Large Can of Tomato Puree
- 2 mini cans of Tomato Paste
- 1 package of Beyond Meat Crumbles
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Seasoned Salt
- Dried or Fresh Basil
- Granulated Garlic
Cooking the Meat!
- Add a small amount of olive oil to an extra large sauce pot and when warm toss in Beyond Meat crumbles and a few pinches of kosher salt.
- Cook until heated and ready to eat.
Making the Sauce!
- Add all canned tomato products to meat.
- Sprinkle in Granulated Garlic, Basil, and Seasoned salt to taste.
- Add a little olive oil if you want now.
- Cook down stirring frequently over medium heat until slightly dense. Takes about 30-45 minutes.
- Keep the top on to avoid splatter!
- Serve over pasta of your choice. I prefer ziti with lines or angel hair. Enjoy!
Food is Love. The Hippie Gypsy.